It is important that you comprehend how to buy burial insurance. You have come to the right place if you would like to know how to apply for such an insurance policy.
Read on as we guide you through a step by step process on how you can apply for burial insurance from scratch via an insurance company like ours.
Applying for Burial Insurance
The following is a step by step procedure to apply for burial insurance
- Determine which burial insurance type you require: You have the option to select from 2 basic options when you apply for a burial insurance policy: Guaranteed Issue policies (ideal for individuals who have serious health issues) or Simplified Issue.
- Figure exactly how much burial insurance you require: Here, you will need to decide how much you require to comfortably pay for your final expenses. It would be best to consider costs such as the funeral service, burial cost, headstone, casket, flowers, etc.
- Procure a free of cost quote to compare and contrast different rates from various organizations: Ensure to compare rates with several burial insurance carriers so that you can get the best possible price and do not have to overpay for coverage.
- Select which insurance policy falls within your budget, and you can afford it easily.
- Submit an official insurance application via any burial insurance company: After you have identified the insurance company that best fits your requirements, you will have to fill a detailed application with a representative either in person or by telephone. The entire application process will generally take around 15 minutes to complete. You have to answer standard questions like your name, age, address, and a string of queries revolving around your medical history.
- Phone interview: Phone screening is a straightforward procedure and will not take much of your time if you have all the necessary information at hand, such as driver’s license, social security number, citizenship documentation, medical history info, etc.
- Review and Accept policy: Next, the burial insurance application form will be delivered to you via email for a secure electronic signature. Furthermore, you will have to prepare a bank check if you did not make the payment alongside the insurance application form.
- Issuance of Burial Policy: At this final step, you are now done with the complete burial insurance application process. Once the insurance company approves you for burial insurance coverage, you will most likely get your policy within 10 working days. You will have to sign the policy when you receive it, set up the necessary payment, and then send it back.
Congratulations! You are now officially covered for burial insurance after you make your first payment!
Be sure to reach out to us if you would like to apply for burial insurance. Our agents are here to help.