Having diabetes, irrespective of the type, makes applying for any type of insurance tricky. This makes shopping for health insurance, life insurance, and burial insurance an exertive ordeal.
According to the American Diabetes Association, over 30 million people have diabetes in the United States alone. Nearly 94% of that number have Type 2 Diabetes. It is also speculated that about 84 million people may have pre-diabetes.
There is cheerful news, though.
People with diabetes can secure affordable burial insurance, especially those with gestational diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, and Type 2 Diabetes. If you’re taking insulin shots, oral medications, or a combination of both, you have several options to choose from to get burial insurance coverage.
What to expect when comparing diabetic burial insurance companies
While having diabetes makes it harder to find inexpensive burial insurance for diabetics, it is not impossible. Life insurance companies have started to treat the diabetic community with a little more equity in terms of medical underwriting. This has resulted in insurance rates that are at an all-time low. Also, there are more insurance companies providing coverage for people with diabetes now more than ever.
Which insurance companies provide burial insurance policies for diabetics?
- Mutual of Omaha: This is one of the most familiar burial insurance providers, and you’ve probably seen their TV commercials. What you may not know is that they accept Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics for burial insurance. The caveat here is that you have to be diagnosed at age 50 and over with diabetes.
- Prosperity Life Insurance Group: This insurer is another great selection for a diabetic burial insurance policy. They offer plans to diabetics aged 50 and over. Their burial policy also doesn’t have a minimum age for the onset of diabetes, nor does it take a person’s insulin dosage into account. They will not approve those with diabetic complications.
- NASSAU RE: This is another great insurer when you’re thinking about getting burial insurance for diabetics. They are quick to consider both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics. This plan is only dispensed to people over the age of 50. If you have a history with complications from diabetes, you may still qualify for their immediate death benefit policy.
- Gerber Life Insurance Company: Surprisingly, this company provides one of the industry’s best Guarantee Acceptance plans, and they don’t debar anyone from accessing their product. Their minimum age requirement is 50. This is a good choice for diabetics who cannot qualify for other policies.
- Royal Neighbors of America: This company is not so popular. They are an awesome burial insurance company for diabetics. You must be 50 and over to take out a plan, and can’t be diagnosed with diabetes before age 30. However, they will approve your application irrespective of the amount of insulin you are administered. Royal Neighbors of America go one further than most insurers to accept people with diabetic complications. Also, their rates are competitive, and they pay out death benefits timely.
Want to learn more about Burial Insurance for Diabetes?
We provide guidance and direction regarding the most complex insurance policy concerns. We will find you the right coverage for your unique needs. Contact Senior Life Services today to get started.