Transamerica’s burial insurance policy is one you may want to consider in 2023. This policy is available in all 50 states in the U.S., and can be obtained through a number of agencies. Whether it’s worth it to you will depend on certain details.
Who Can Get Transamerica’s Burial Insurance?
This policy is set for people between ages 45 and 85. It’s one of the more inclusive policies on the market, allowing those with conditions such as Parkinson’s, COPD, and kidney disease to qualify.
What Is The Application Process Like?
Here is what you can expect when applying for Transamerica’s burial insurance:
- No medical exam of any kind – just requires answering medical questions
- Insurers will check your prescription history as part of the medical underwriting
- The application is also notably longer than that of most burial insurance policies
- No option for guaranteed issue – if you want this policy, you’ll need to answer health-related questions
- You can be approved within 15 minutes of submitting the application
How Does It Work?
There are different versions of this policy, which are assigned according to your answers on the application. It comes in three forms – preferred, standard, and graded.
The preferred plan is for those without any medical issues. It’s the least expensive of the three, and doesn’t require a waiting period. Once the policy becomes active, your beneficiaries will have full access to the policy’s death benefit.
The standard plan doesn’t have a waiting period, either, but it costs more than the preferred plan. If you have mild health issues, you will likely get the standard plan.
The graded plan is the most expensive. If you have a terminal illness or were prescribed any antipsychotic medications in the past, you’ll have to enroll in the graded plan. This also requires a waiting period of two years before your policy will become active.
How Much Coverage Does It Provide?
The minimum coverage you can purchase is $1,000. The maximum amount of coverage you can purchase depends on age and the type of plan you enroll in.
Here are the coverage amounts you can get with preferred and standard plans:
- 55 or younger – $50,000
- 56-65 – $40,000
- 66-75 – $30,000
- 76-85 – $25,000
The maximum amount of coverage you can get for the graded plan is $25,000, regardless of age.
Who Is Transamerica’s Burial Insurance Right For?
This policy is great for those who:
- Are 70 or younger
- Want an inexpensive policy with a higher death benefit
- Qualify for preferred or standard plans
It is NOT ideal for individuals who:
- Are near the maximum age
- Only qualify for the graded plan (too costly for $25,000 in coverage)
- Prefer a shorter application process
We’ll Get Whatever Is Right For You
At Senior Life Services, we consider all factors when providing our policies. With us, you’ll get the best coverage possible for the lowest price. It’s as easy as making one phone call. Get your burial insurance today by calling us at (800) 548-3249.