Many families, after losing a loved one, may not know the right questions to ask when they commence their search for a funeral home.
What are the prices of your facilities?
Whether you request to be buried or cremated, it is the funeral home’s job to inform you about the various funeral packages they have and their different price points. Many families are on a budget and need to understand where they can save money.
Go after a facility that has a broad array of products across price ranges and styles. Some homes offer families on-site centers, complete with memorial, burial, funeral, and cremation offerings. Options may include:
- Sympathy and bereavement gifts
- Veteran services and memorabilia
With this sort of on-site center, your family can surf through different price points to have an idea of the look and feel of your funeral or memorial service. You can also determine if everything will be covered under a final expense policy.
Can I add personal preferences like photos, videos, and sound?
A funeral service or internment ought to be a celebration of life. And there is no better way to truly honor the life of your loved one than with personal themes gracing the funeral service.
When choosing a funeral home, ask what personal themes you and your family can include. For instance, if your loved one had a favorite ode, ask if the funeral home can accommodate playing music. Nowadays, it is popular for families to create slideshows of their loved ones to broadcast during the service. Again, you should ask if your funeral home has the equipment and technology to support visual slideshows.
How will you cater to the needs of my guests?
- On-site parking to make sure that your guests have a close place to park
- Technological features like Wi-Fi to meet connectivity demands
- Elevators, restrooms, and ramps for disabled guests entering the venue or moving across different floors
- Updated interiors, ambiance, aesthetics, and comfortable lounges for the family to express emotions and communicate effectively.
What makes you different from other funeral homes in the vicinity?
Look for exclusive features like:
- 24-hour access to support or questions your family might have
- Grieving support resources before or after your loved one’s funeral service
Want to learn more about final expense insurance? Talk to the specialized agents at Senior Life Services. At Senior Life Services, we provide guidance and direction through the most complex insurance policy concerns. Through our far-reaching network and expertise, you can be rest assured knowing that you’ll get the right coverage for your unique needs. Contact Senior Life Services at 800-548-3249 to get started.